Companies these days are striving best to deploy solutions which keeps the 100% network connectivity and data availability at all the times. Similarly, the intelligent MS Outlook email platform is reinforced with provisions to maintain offline folders which is very much helpful when Exchange Server services gets disconnected. You can identify the offline email items as .ost file and it gets stored locally on your computer machines. Whenever Exchange Server comes online, the OST file automatically synchronizes all modified email items to maintain consistency of information at both the locations.
We can presumably say that the email technologies are not error-proof as the varied versions of MS Outlook shows different sets of problems and errors after encountering with unexpected hardware or software mishaps. In the most recent versions of MS Outlook, users are facing the synchronization problems of Offline Address Book when they are accessing emails through cloud-based Office 365 accounts. In fact, there is always a possibility that you might encounter with an error
‘Microsoft Exchange Server’ reported error (0x8004010F): ‘The operation failed. An object could not be found.’
This error halts the accessibility to OST email items and puts hindrances in the seamless synchronization process.
Strategies to Resolve Offline Address Book Synchronization Issues
- One of the primary steps to resolve Offline Address Book sync problems is to check the Global Address List (GAL). Login to the Outlook Web Access account and check if the GAL is continuously updated as required. If the GAL is not functioning properly, then Offline Address Book wouldn’t be synchronized.
- You can manually download the Offline Address Books (OAB) by following the simple steps:
- Click the Send/Receive tab, and then click Send/Receive Groups. (For Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010)
- Click the Download Address Book, the Offline Address Book dialog box is displayed.
- Unmark Download changes since last Send/Receive. Click Full Details, and then click OK.
Once you download the OAB, make sure that the Cache Exchange Mode is enabled. To check this, you require to execute the following steps:
- Click File – Account Settings – Account Settings. (For Outlook 2013 & Outlook 2010)
- Once the E-mail Settings dialog box is displayed, select the desired Exchange account, and then click Change.
- Select Use Cached Exchange Mode in the Microsoft Exchange Settings dialog.
Inspect the activeness of Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS) by following the simple steps:
- Click Start – Control Panel – Administrator Tools – Services.
- Locate the Background Intelligence Transfer Service and make sure that the service status is Started.
- Reinstall the BITS service, if it is not starting after configuration.
After configuring the settings, login to the Office 365 account and check if the email items gets reflected even when Exchange Server is offline.
However, one must note that any inefficient synchronization of Offline Address Books can have disastrous impacts on the OST data files. One must not rely on the above mentioned procedures as things might go out of control which subsequently corrupts the OST file. Facilitating the safe and authentic recovery of OST email items from such situations couldn’t be managed by manual techniques. Restoring and repairing the corrupt OST email items from the scratch can only be executed by a powerful and trustworthy third-party OST recovery tool. As OST files couldn’t be directly accessed, hence the tool must be capable to convert OST files to PST file.
Solution – OST to PST Converter Software
OST to PST tool is the comprehensive solution to repair and then convert brutally corrupted OST data files from critical Exchange Server errors, hardware failures, or software crashes. The software flawlessly restore and save all corrupted OST data files to the healthy PST data files and also provides intuitive migration functionality which includes alternatives like Office 365, Exchange Server, IBM Domino, Novell GroupWise, Yahoo, Gmail, OWA, iCloud, etc. The recently upgraded version of the software supports MS Exchange Server 2016, Windows 10, and MS Outlook 2016 platforms.
Read more: http://www.osttopsttool.com